Michael Wood Town Crier - Weddings
"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the wedding of ..."
A wedding is a greater show than any of the greatest West End shows; indeed, a wedding is the longest running and most successful show in history. The two major stars are the Bride and Groom. The supporting roles are The Parents, Best Man, Bridesmaids and Ushers. The extras are the guests. And like any show a wedding needs someone to co-ordinate the entrances and exits of the whole cast – cue the Toastermaster/Master of Ceremonies (MC) who will:
- Ensure that the wedding reception is conducted with due attention to etiquette
- Free the banqueting manager and staff to concentrate on the catering arrangements
- Help photographers and video film crews to create a memorable visual record of the proceedings
- Add a 'Peace of Mind' for the Bride and Groom, and the Parents
- Provide an authoritative and dignified focal point for informing VIP's and guests on the day's agenda
- Guide the wedding breakfast through its natural course from the arrival of guests up until the retiring of the top table in readiness for the evening's entertainment
Specialising in weddings, as your Toastmaster/Master of Ceremonies, with style and aplomb, Michael will:
- Welcome guests to the venue
- Direct guests to photo calls
- Introduce guests at a bridal line-up before dining
- Announce the entrance of the new Mr & Mrs ...
- Conduct the wedding breakfast grace
- Cry a souvenir fun gift proclamation on the 'Rules of Marriage'
- Conduct the cake-cutting ceremony
- Introduce toasts and speakers
- Be available to hand speakers gifts for presentation
- Formally conclude the wedding breakfast